House Jackpot???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by georgialee, Sep 10, 2010.

1. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I am soooo excited right now (prematurely, I might add). There is a house about an hour away from us that was just reduced by $80k+. It's an older 1900 sq ft farmhouse on 30 acres for..

*drumroll please*

$199k!!! We're going to see it on Sunday and I absolutely cannot wait. The price is amazing for my area.

AND there's another house that is on 12 acres, on a creek, is 2400 sq feet and only a year old for $199k - also seeing it on Sunday.

Please keep you fingers crossed that we'll like one of them A LOT! We have 5 acres now but half of it is on a mountain so though it's gorgeous it's not very practical. Plus hubby wants some more acreage for hunting.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Good luck! Either one sounds like you could raise a LOT of chickens! hehehe!

3. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    thanks!

I know... I'm already dreaming about huge coops & runs, lol.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I'm jealous... not that we could get either right now anyways but still, that price is amazing.

There are houses around here that are 2400sf and on maybe 1/4acre for that price.

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I hope it works out the way you want to!!!!!!! We looked for our place for years before we finally found the right piece of property. We where caught in a rain storm when we first went to look at it and went back to the reality office soaking wet and told her "that's the one, we want it" the look they gave us was priceless. [​IMG]

Steve

6. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks guys!

It's about 1/2 hour west of Knoxville in a very rural area, thus the price. 199k would get me a 1900 sq. ft. house on 1/3 acre lot here, lol.

7. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Ooh, they sound great. Good luck! Take lots of pictures to share with us, please! [​IMG]

8. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    $199k for house and 30 acres.

Be very carefull, priced so low for a reason.

Just looked at one here, $180k - 3315 living area, 4200 under roof, 3 acres, 4 bd, 3.5 baths. What they didn't say is the house has been sitting empty for years, mold, rot, mildew, termites, bad roof, foundation failure, and it was built absolutely as cheaply as possible. We didn't wak away--- WE RAN!

9. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Well, we went to see the houses today. Couldn't even get to see the one on 12 acres - the driveway was too steep for our dually 2-wheel drive truck and there was a tree down over the driveway.

BUT we didn't need to anyway... the house on 30 acres is AMAZING!!! It's a great country house. TALL ceilings - about 10 to 12 ft. It's only 2 bed 1 bath but the entire upstairs is one big bedroom that is partially bisected by the stairwell. It's perfect for our two boys - half as a bedroom and the other half as a playroom. There are NO doors inside the house and no paint on the (wood) walls. The floors need to be refinished as there are multiple coats of brown paint over the natural wood. The roof is new, hvac is new, new wood fireplace. It's on well water but city water is right at the road. The bathroom would need complete renovation but that's not a big deal for us b/c my Dh works in the kitchen/bathroom design field.

We would eventually want to do a small addition to the house - 1 extra bathroom (maybe put one upstairs), another bedroom and a laundry room (only a stacked washer/dryer off the kitchen right now).

For a 70-year-old house it has a suprisingly open floor plan.

It also has a 1 acre commercial property attached (included in the price) that has a garage/office on it. Not sure what we'll do with it but Dh is already thinking about some type of BBQ shack - which is his passion so I'm excited for him even if he just does it on the weekends.

There are about 3-4 acres cleared. HUGE yard for the boys to run around in. The rest is wooded and the property backs up to 400+ acres that we're allowed to four-wheel on. It's perfect for hunting... another of DH's passions. One of the neighbors are the same age as us and have a young son and also hunts. Sounds perfect to me.

So, to make it short, we're very interested in it. Our house isn't even on the market so we have to get our butts in gear and get it ready to sell.

Oh, and most importantly... there is A WHOLE lot of room for all my chickies and peacocks. [​IMG]

link: http://www.movoto.com/tn/1114-loudon-hwy-kingston/572_728382.htm

the
    house looks much bigger in person than it does in the picture for some reason?

10. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Wow, thats beautiful! Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by