House officially chicken free.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by yotetrapper, Jul 31, 2008.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I've had chicks in my kitchen since April. In April, it was awesome. In May it was cool. In June, well I still had chicks hatching, so it was all neat. But in July? Chicks + 90 degree heat + no a/c = smelly and FLIES.

So I am proud to say my house is now CHICK FREE. We finished one division of my chicken condo yesterday, which allowed the batch of big chicks in my outdoor brooder to go into the big pen. That freed up the outside brooder for my last batch of kitchen chickens, 6 BLRW.

The ones that left the brooder for the big pen are loving it! They're running around chasing bugs like mad lol.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have had something hatching and brooding in my house since late February.

My 2 yr old son's bedroom is the most temp stable, fairly unused room in my house. So this is where my incubators and brooders are set up.

My kids are so used to something in there humming or peeping they have started calling it "The Chicken Room."

Where's momma? In the chicken room.

Where is that noise coming from? In the chicken room.

Momma can I use the flashlight in the chicken room?

Momma, something is hatching in the chicken room.

The chicken room. LOL

3. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    "The chicken room" LOL!!

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    MP, I'm right there with ya...

My office is the hatching room. Thankfully I've got my 'in the outbuilding' brooders set up so they can go out at around 2-3 weeks under the heat out there, but before that it was non stop peeping and dust city in here!

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    MP - I know the feeling. We have a spare bedroom where our incubators and initial brooders are set up. This is temporary until the actual chick room is completed in our basement. That's now a winter project, since we're building another coop. [​IMG] It never ends, does it? [​IMG]

Jody

6. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Jody your buff silkies are too cute! They are in the group that went out to the seperated big pen yesterday. Little gold puff balls LOL.

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:A chicken room sounds like fun!!

I'm very much looking forward to moving my last three chicks out to the barn today. Ok, my last three in the house for a week [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by