House training chickens?

This is an old post, I'm aware, but I wanted to set the record straight. (For the ages and all that, you understand.) Because the fact is that Chickens should not be capable of such things!
Not at all!
That being the case, I once had the rare privilege of knowing a bonafide, potty-trained, pet chicken.
Seriously.
She slept on the bed, and used a potty pad with such incredible accuracy...it was inspiring. Her human even took her to horse shows, along with the dogs and cats.
It can be done! Should it be done, that is another question. 😋

(Recently, I was overheard helping out with a friend's new puppy, "c'mon! You can do this!! I've seen a chicken master this.")

Cheers!
I can't even get mine not to poop in their own water

As far as I know, chickens (unless their broody) don't really have the ability to "hold" there poop like a dog would. When they need to go, they just go. But you can buy chicken diapers on Etsy maybe that's an option for you to enjoy your chickens inside.😊

This is an old post, I'm aware, but I wanted to set the record straight. (For the ages and all that, you understand.) Because the fact is that Chickens should not be capable of such things!
Not at all!
That being the case, I once had the rare privilege of knowing a bonafide, potty-trained, pet chicken.
Seriously.
She slept on the bed, and used a potty pad with such incredible accuracy...it was inspiring. Her human even took her to horse shows, along with the dogs and cats.
It can be done! Should it be done, that is another question. 😋

(Recently, I was overheard helping out with a friend's new puppy, "c'mon! You can do this!! I've seen a chicken master this.")

Cheers!

you can't leave a dirty daiper on a chicken. It will attract flies and maggots and stink a lot.

Chickens cannot be house trained. By all means bring them in for an hour a day to play with them, but spread newspaper on the floor. They poop like very half an hour (or more).

How old are your chickens?

As far as I know, chickens (unless their broody) don't really have the ability to "hold" there poop like a dog would. When they need to go, they just go. But you can buy chicken diapers on Etsy maybe that's an option for you to enjoy your chickens inside.😊
But how bad would a day of poop diaper smell ?

Back
Top Bottom