Household hints.....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Nov 11, 2009.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I need 'em. The people on here saved my carpet by telling me how to get candle wax out, thank you

so now how do I save my sofa from a dog who rolled in poo of some critter and then dried off on my sofa?? I cleaned it off, but it still stinks.

2. [​IMG]

Fabreeze?

3. mylittlezoo

mylittlezoo Poppy Creek Farm

Mar 16, 2009
    GA
    Febreze. Or the home-made variety - I use 2 cups filtered water with 6 drops essential oils mixed in, in a sprayer. I use Vanilla - makes the house smell like cookies [​IMG]

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    You can also make homemade febreeze with water and a lil fabric softener... Also Borax works well for smell removal .. Just use shaker and cover area with borax let sit as long as you can then vaccumm off.. I use this on my 4 yr olds bed when he had an accident worked great....

5. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    There's a product I like called Simple Solution, you can get it at the big pet shops. It dissolves animal smells perfectly. I used it *a lot* when I was fostering stray dogs who liked to pee where they shouldn't.

6. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    We use PetZyme, an enzymatic pet odor remover. Just spray it on and let dry. Works pretty darn good. PetSmart sells it.

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Thanks gang!!!! [​IMG]

8. hobbychicker

hobbychicker Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2007
    When I was potty training my son at night, I read about using vinegar and baking soda. You blot up the mess as much as you can, then douse the area with vinegar. Blot that up as much as possible, then liberally sprinkle baking soda over the whole area. Leave for about 8-9 hours, then vacuum off. Cheap and it REALLY works. It amazed me.

9. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Natures Miracle. It is an enzyme that attacks the problem. Febreze will just mask it until the pretty smell wears off.

10. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I always suspected that of Febreze

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by