Household Tasks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by littlefork, Nov 8, 2010.

1. littlefork

littlefork Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    I was wondering how all of you divide up your household tasks or even if you do.

In our house its just DH and me, DH does most of the cooking, takes out the trash and does the laundry, I do the house cleaning, pay the bills and walk the dogs, other things we do together or who ever gets around to it first does it. I'm probably the one who will be feeding and cleaning up after the chickens when we get them.

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I cook, he cleans up. I load the dishwasher and turn it on, and he unloads it. I wash, dry and fold laundry and he puts it away. We both take the trash out as needed. He gets the kid ready for school and lets me sleep. I balance the checkbook unless it's bad and then I let him do it LOL. I do the lawn mowing and bush hogging because I stay at home and I enjoy doing it.

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    DH goes to work, and does a bit of laundry. DD does dishes, and two small chores per day, and dog baths once per week. I do everything else and that's the way we like it. [​IMG]

4. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

DH makes the money, I do everything else.

5. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    DH and I both work so we share all the house chores. He does most of the building, yard work, planting and harvesting of vegetables. I plant and harvest the herbs, take care of the animals, the budget and shopping.
    He hunts and we can or freeze almost everything we harvest.

OH...forgot the most important part.....he's a great cook....so I let him...[​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    When hubbys laid off..(like he is now..) He usually does everything... And i mean everything. [​IMG]
    Sometimes i may throw in a load of laundry.....

When hes working..i'll do the daily vacuuming and basic house pick-up. Make dinner(most days..).. throw in some laundry.. etc..
    But he still does most of the real cleaning and all the outside chores.

I know.. i know.. [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I do the inside and Ken does the outside. He does trash.

8. dulcimer lady

dulcimer lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    We have a very old fashioned "traditional" separation of duties. He works and makes the money, I take care of the home. My son helps me A LOT with all the animals we have. And he helps out with things in the house as I tell him to. But hubby rarely does any "housework" unless I'm sick or in pain.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm the cook and do all the outside work. My wife does all the rest. (Plus she frequently comes up with the phrase "I've been thinking.") That always means more work for me in the form of a "project." She cooked the first 29+ years. I've been the cook 18+ years. Prior to early retirement, I did NOTHING in the house.[​IMG] I now know how to wash clothes, run the cleaner, and stack the dishwasher.[​IMG]

10. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

DH works 3 days a week and pays the bills. I clean house, laundry, cook, wash dishes, iron clothes, mow yard, feed amimals, clean out animals, fix fencing, put up fencing, DIY and everything else in between. He wouldnt know how to use a vacume or even how to iron his clothes for work.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by