Housing button quail in the bottom of a cockatiel cage?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by AliciaM, Feb 2, 2012.

1. AliciaM

AliciaM Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    Anyone do this? The cage im putting my cockatiel in is 2x2 square and about 3 ft high..
    Will the quail do ok in this kind of environment? Will the cockatiel be ok with the quail?

Thanks.

2. Tressa27884

Tressa27884 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    East Bay, Ca.
    I don't think that's big enough, and I would be worried about the quail getting sick from walking around in the waste.

3. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    alot of people put button quails in the bottom of their birds cage, parakeets are the one i mainly see, not sure about cocktail, ain't they kinda aggressive, that's the only thing i would be worried about, attacks.

4. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Sounds like a pretty miserable existance to me. Wadin' around ankle deep in somebody elses crap, while simultaneously duckin' from random turds bein' rained down from above. Might even have to make him little earplugs to prevent him from goin' deaf from all the close quarters screechin' of the turd droppers.

5. kovalines

kovalines Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2012
    I don' tknow about the space, but they can be crated with cockatiel. I have a coupe with my cockatiels e the cockatiels seem not to care with them. Cockatiel are too friendly, I'm sure they won't attack or hurt the quails.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by