1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Housing for pheasent

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by atifishaq, Feb 5, 2013.

1. atifishaq

atifishaq New Egg

Feb 5, 2013
    Melbourne
    Hi I am new to pheasent keeping I was winding is it possible to keep them in shed . It build by metal . I am from Melbourne in summer we get few day of hot like 35 to 40 . Also in winter it get to 1 to 7 degree.Can I keep rabbits with pheasants?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You call 35-40 degress hot?Pheasants do well in most temps as long as there is shade and shelter provided for them.They love to bath in the sun and sand so I wouldn't recommend keeping them in a shed at all.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. atifishaq

atifishaq New Egg

Feb 5, 2013
    Melbourne
    Thanks Tony . If I put together temporary fenicing panels 30 m long and 6 m widge, height 2.1 m . For roof I will put mesh . Reason for using fenicing panels easy to put them in any shap and I am renting when ever I am moving out I can take with me and use it again

4. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    Guessing he is saying 35-40 degrees Celsius which would be maybe 95 and up Fahrenheit?

5. De Wet

De Wet Chillin' With My Peeps

yes here in the south it is incubation:/ temp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by