Houston breeders

tmacranch

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 30, 2013
I'm new to the forum and new to the Houston area. We recently relocated from the Dallas area where we had a lovely flock of 11 hens and a rooster. When removed into the condo we gave all of our chickens back to the farm we got them from to be rehomed. Now we will be buying a new place on 10 acres in the next week or so and we want to start raising chickens for eggs and meat. When we put the offer on the new house we included the flock of hens, all 17 of them. They are Reds and Gold Stars. So long story short, I need a rooster. If someone has one for sale, he would have a flock of hens and about 1/4 acres of fenced area to run around in. I would like him to be somewhat friendly. I don't expect to be able to hold him but sneak attackers end up in the crockpot. If anyone has one available that you want to go to a good home please let me know. Thank you.

I should add, I would prefer a Turken or Australop, even a farm run is fine. No bantams, in our case bigger is better. I'm looking at craigslist but I'm nervous about getting a hostile roo or a sickly one.

I have a Welsummer that was thrown in extra on an order from Ideal. I live just north of Houston, in Splendora.
Looking for someone to take him off my hands. He is currently 14 weeks old. I would like someone to take him
for use other than make a meal.

Back
Top Bottom