Hova Bator 1588 (Temp Adjustments)

anthonyjames

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Port Washington, WI
Ok I am not sure if I am just not getting it or not but. My bator will not get above 90 degrees with the factory setting. So I turned off the unit, put everything to off then turned on 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 let the light flash and then turned off all of the numbers except 5. The temp is still stuck at 90. How do I get the temp up to 99 to hatch out chicken eggs? Do I turn the 5 on and then off while the unit is on? Is that how to make the temp go up by 5 degrees each time? So I would do that 2 times?

As I said I am not getting it from the directions.

I would call the company and tell them your problem. Could be its just a bad thermostat. Ive read of others on here having similar problems. I also dont think your suppose to turn on all the settings. Just one. I also have a 1588 and its on setting 4 which keeps it a nice steady 100 degrees, which is what the factory setting is suppose to be for that unit. When I turned it off and turned on the lower one, it went down to 96 degrees. If I put it on 5 it was too high. So I put it back on 4 and left it alone. If your setting all yours to ON and its still only getting up to 90, probably a bad thermostat. Call the company.

Rammy

Well it was on for the past 24 hours and I checked it today before I left for work and it was at 90 and tonight when I came home. I then did as the sheet said as I stated above. I left to put my kids to bed and now the temp is 100.4 and 60% humidity. Is that to hot for the eggs now?

Also, one last thing. I have hatched out quail eggs and it was a 28 day turn. And to note I have hatched the quail eggs in this same machine and temps were steady out of the box at 99.8 until now. Anyways temp hasn't moved from the above 100.4. Are chicken eggs 21 days to hatch and lock down around day 18/19?

Last edited:
Have you used this before? The instructions say to trust the machine.
Is that with the vent holes covered?
My last hatch the temps were all over the place. I got a 20 out of 23.
I would call the company and try to get it closer to the 99.5 if you aren't happy.
However a temp of .5 plus or minus shouldn't be a problem.
Temps are affected by "sea level" elevation.

I bought a new Genesis 1588 and the first time I used it the temps were off so I re-callibrated as per instructions and now the temps stay around 100 degrees and my chicks are hatching right on time on day 21. For day 1 through 18 I have had good luck with keeping the humidity in the 40-45% and 65-70% for the last three days. HAPPY HATCHING!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Same here...mine holds steady at 100.0 degrees in Oregon and is holding steady at 99.7 here in Kentucky with the setting of 4 also.

Back
Top Bottom