Hova Bator 1602N - good or bad?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by scoopy82, Feb 21, 2011.

1. scoopy82

scoopy82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Victoria - Australia!
    I have a home made incubator and have only just discovered that I wont be able to fit an auto egg turner in it, which in reality i am going to need as my hubby wont understand keeping routine turning times, especially when it comes to going away on weekends.
    So I'm thinking I will use the great thermostate I bought for it in the brooder, and buy a complete set sort of bator and I saw a Hova Bator on ebay that seems a cheap complete package. I'm just hoping its not cheap for a reason.
    Has anyone else used this model with good results? I'm not wanted to hatch a trillion chicks (I'm saying that now, you can all remind me when the one trillionth chick hatches!) but if it a generally reliable bator then I will give it a go [​IMG]
    Thoughts???

2. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    Be sure the deal comes with the fan add on since the 1602N is a still air bator. If you can budget it I would get the Gensis 1588 I started with the 2362 Hovabator but ended with the Gensis and my hatch rate went way up. I just hatched out 39 out of 42. One was piped on the bottom and 2 where clear.

3. rearrolled

rearrolled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    hay iv got the hova-bator and its great but i would not get a second hand one the pic can be when the first bort it its great just put the eggs in and leave it [​IMG]

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    I use a 1602N but I am self employed and several times a day I can check the temps turn eggs that I do not have turners for etc if I was working a steady job or if I was a student I would think about using a genesis HB type t-stat. BTW my 1602N holds temps really well with just the wafer t -stat it came with. I hope its not too cold for you guys yet [​IMG] it is just starting to get nice here

5. rearrolled

rearrolled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    did u no that the hova-bator is thw worlds best small incubator

my is the 1588, 1590
    electronic pic window circulated air

its the best i love it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by