Hova-Bator 2362N

indigo flats

Chirping
Jan 29, 2017
Elgin South Carolina
I can get my incubator to hold an agerage ambient temperature of 99.5 and can keep the humidity at 40% during incubation and to hold 70% humidity during hatching. Is this good. My last success rate for hatching was 83 percent during trail and error. For got to say it is forced air.

Last edited:
I can get my incubator to hold an agerage ambient temperature of 99.5 and can keep the humidity at 40% during incubation and to hold 70% humidity during hatching. Is this good. My last success rate for hatching was 83 percent during trail and error. For got to say it is forced air.

Sounds Great!!

I have seen several of your post and it's clear you want to be the very best you can be at incubating that's great. On your first try you got a 83% hatch rate that's totally awesome lots of people have incubated many times and not achieved that high of a hatch rate. Your heat and humidity numbers sound perfect but those are just numbers on gauges. First let's look at your heat the only way to know if there's even room for improvement is did your chicks hatch in exactly 21 days. My Last Hatch was testing a homemade incubator with two eggs. Both eggs hatched within an hour of each other four and five hours Short of being exactly 21 days I'm calling that perfect but actually if they had less than 21 days is too cold more than 21 days is too hot it would have to very more than five or six hour for me to want to change it. my thermometer varied with the heat Cycles from 99.5 to 100 for an average of 99.75 but you don't have my thermometer you have your thermometer so count the days and hours and adjust accordingly. On humidity all you can do is candle the eggs and mark the size of the air cells and compare them to the chart at Days 7 14 and 18. On my test run of the homemade incubator the air cells were too small on day 18 they looked about like they should on day 14 yet I still had 100% hatch. I will be lowering my humidity in the future but some of it comes down to luck. Just like some people make babies by accident and some people try and try to make a baby and can't. Good luck in improving your hatch rate but remember 83% really is awesome you should be very proud of yourself.

I considered myself lucky. I do not want lucky I want to be able to say I know what I am doing and can do it on a regular basis.

I know someone else that feels the same way-----ME. It took a while but I got to where I know what I am doing, because every hatch had the same results----close to prefect every hatch every week. I would not settle with a 20% or 50% or 80%----I wanted as close to 100% as I could get.

Back
Top Bottom