1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hova bator genesis 1588 THREAD :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rirbrahma, Nov 23, 2011.

1. rirbrahma

rirbrahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    hawaii
    Is this a good incubator? I didn't get the egg turner should I have? And is it bad to hand turn?

Would you recommend this to anyone?
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I think it is a very nice incubator. I did buy an egg turner. It works great.

3. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Just ordered mine to day from GQF with the turner, got a friend that says she wouldnt have anything elese.

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Most excellent! Buy 2!

5. Zanna

Zanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2010
    Jefferson, Oregon
    Love mine. The auto turner makes life easier, you do not need to keep opening up the incubator or almost have a heart attack because you forgot to turn the eggs last night [​IMG] Just follow the directions that come with it as to which trays to fill with water and when and you should have a sucessfull hatch. Have used mine for quail and chicken eggs.

6. rebel yell

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Wish I could but they aint cheap, so I can only get 1 this time. Maybe I was just dreaming, but did they ever make a hard plastic cover for the hovabators, It would be nice if they would to keep them protected from dents & such.

7. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes I love mine...they are so easy to hatch in for newbies...I have the egg turner...you don't really have to do anything...love it

8. Mom2Five

Mom2Five Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2011
    Stuarts Draft, VA
    I plan on getting one of these with the egg turner. I hear they're GREAT! [​IMG]

9. rirbrahma

rirbrahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    hawaii
    Okay, GREAT!!! I've heard egg-cellent reviews! Haha.
    Would it be okay to hand turn it though?
    Thank you ,)

10. rebel yell

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Quote:Its ok hand turn any of them, Thats what I do now with my homade rig, but theres just so many times Im not at home to turn them, I work 12 hour shifts & have to hound my son to do it for me he dont mind but he is 16 year old, yall know how forgetfull a 16 year olds brain is ? but he does it for me anyway, hes a good kid.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by