hova-bator genesis 1588

kjk66ss

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 18, 2011
chatsworth,ca
i set some eggs that i picked up today and noticed that the temp reading on the wire mesh was reading 98-99. when i moved the digital thermometer on top of the egg turner the temp would read 99.8-100 any ides?

i set some eggs that i picked up today and noticed that the temp reading on the wire mesh was reading 98-99. when i moved the digital thermometer on top of the egg turner the temp would read 99.8-100 any ides?

The temp is going to be a little higher at the top because heat naturally rises. You should always check the temp on top of the egg turner and 99 - 100 is perfectly fine.

thanks for reasuring me. i know the heat naturally rises was just not sure if the 98 at the bottom would delay or cause any problems. i also moved the thermometer on the top of the egg turner and moved it to several locations and in one corner i got a reading of 100-101. 101 seems too high but next setting lower might seem too low. and dont want to mess up the settings.

why do i have such a hard time maintaining humidity? i get up in the morning and the hygrometer shows 10% ill add water to a sponge in the bator then it jumps up to 45-50% but drops fairly quickly,so then ill add water to the trays on the bottom but then it stays too high. then when i get it where i want it doesnt not stay their long. is their an easier way?

Back
Top Bottom