Hova-Bator Genesis Electronic Display Issue - Is this happening to you too?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SherrieT, Feb 12, 2012.

1. SherrieT

SherrieT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    I'm at lock down. Hatching is going well but I'm having problems with the electronic display. There is condensation in the electronic display. None in the main window, just in the display.

I know thespoiledchicken has had the issue and I'm just wondering if maybe it will become more prominent now that there are more of us reaching hatching stage??

I will call them in the morning. It looks like they were very responsive to thespoiledchicken. I can't be lifting the lid every little bit to try to clear the display to check the temp and humidity during lock down.

I did the "dry incubation" thing and did not add any water until lock down.

Sherrie

2. TBTT

TBTT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    Eastern Virginia
    I've purchased two of them so far. I have my second batch of eggs in each one of them right now, and no problems. My first one gets a little bit of condensation around the yellow box of the display, but none on the display itself. Are their any screws that hold the display up to the glass? If so try to tighten the screws and see if that helps.

3. SherrieT

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    I hadn't even thought of that so I just checked. They are in there tight. Thanks for the idea. When I call them I'll be able to tell them that I checked them.

Thanks again - Sherrie

4. TBTT

TBTT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    Eastern Virginia
    I'm sure they will send you another incubator once you call. When I'm done with my hatch I'm going to buy some silicone sealant and seal around the housing of mine. Maybe that will prevent that I don't know. As I remember you ordered yours through GQF and got the 30 free quail eggs right? I did too, mine hatched last Monday I hatched 29 out of 35 eggs they sent. Pretty dang good I would say.

5. SherrieT

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    I'm sure they will stand behind their product. I was such an idiot about the quail eggs. I got an email that they would be sent the week of the 30th so didn't bother checking my mail. Then when I did, if found the notice saying they had been at the PO for almost a week!!

I only have 7 out of the 37 that they sent that look like they are possible...............

eta: great idea about the sealant. I think I'll ask them tomorrow if they recommend it and what kind. I love this thing. It is sooooo stable and no fiddling around with it !!! I'm even thinking of buying another for a hatcher. I can't believe how stable it is

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  6. SherrieT

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    I just talked to them and he was trying to tell me that 70% humidity at lock down was too high [​IMG] but they are sending out a new top today and when I get it they will arrange a pick up of this one.

Great customer service (except for telling me 70% was high)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by