1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hova-bator Turner, fitting in a LG?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by admhotel, Oct 26, 2010.

1. admhotel

admhotel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Rome, Ny
    I have been wanting to buy an incubator for the upcoming spring hatching. I have access to a Hova-bator turner, but was wondering if they would work in an LG or would I be out of luck and have to get a Hova-bator to use the turner? I know that people have had better luck with the HB over the LG, but if I can pick up a LG for alot cheaper I would be willing to try one if the turner will work. Thanks alot for any advice

2. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    I have never actually tried it, but I am 99% certain that the turner will fit. I will say, though, as the owner of an LG who has just switched to a Brinsea, there is a reason the LGs are cheaper. I don't even know what to do with mine now...selling it to someone seems wrong, knowing how crappy it has been for me. I don't think I'd even use it to warm chicks, it is so inconsistent! [​IMG]

3. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

NO THEY DO NOT FIT [​IMG] I tried to put mine in my LG and it is too big for it. Go with the Hova Bator. I've had poor luck with the LG. It is very hard to adjust the temps in them and keep the humidity right. [​IMG] HAPPY HATCHING! [​IMG]

4. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Quote:Have you consider use the controller and heat element for the brooder box?

5. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    Quote:Have you consider use the controller and heat element for the brooder box?

Ok, now THAT is a nifty idea!!! Now figure out something cool to use an auto turner for! [​IMG] Seriously, though, that might be the best way to use the thing. At least then the variable temp wouldn't be such a big deal...those poor eggies are just so sensitive! Maybe if I fit it with a better knob...[​IMG]

6. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:I have both turners LG (old style with plastic cups) and a Hovabator turner with chicken and quail racks

They BOTH fit in my LG (little monster) bator, which is in pile of stuff saved for future museum of junk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by