Hova Bator vs. Little Giant

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by perfectly_polish, Apr 29, 2008.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I want to get another incubator, I'm leaning more towards hova bator because I already have one and because I've heard that the Little Giants aren't really that good. Is that true? I'm thinking about getting the Hova Bator Genesis. Any ideas?

2. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I would go with the Hovabator for sure. I bought a little giant for my last hatch and I hate it. temp goes up and down to much and it was so hard to get it regulated.

I say Hovabator!

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Hovabator 1588 is the best in that type of incubator.

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Thanks guys! I'll take your advice and get the hova bator 1588. By the end of next week I'll have both my incubators full [​IMG] Barnyard did you take any pictures of your cochins yet, I'm dying to see them [​IMG]

5. John T

John T Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2008
    SE, IA
    I am happy with my hova bator.

6. Hi!
    I have a Little Giant w/ fan and turner that is very stable and has been full or nearly full of eggs since Oct. 2006.
    I don't (intentionally) hatch eggs in it, but it grows them right up to Day 18 without fail.

I guess it's like lots of other products --- you can get lemons now and again.

I have an older HovaBator that I'll use in a pinch, but only then. Not really a fair comparison because the Hova has no fan.

Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by