1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

hova bator???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sabong, Jun 26, 2010.

1. sabong

sabong In the Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    so i own a little giant incubator but i had to barrow a hova bator because I'm doing a large hatch and i needed an egg turner...there is no way I'm turning 48 eggs 3 times a day by hand [​IMG]...this incubator also has a fan on it...so do i need to plug the vent holes or leave them open? just wondering cause the plugs weren't in the box and never used a bator with a fan on it...thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010

2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    If it's like my Hovabator, there are 7 holes in the top. There are 5 in a pattern like they appear on the side of a dice (4 on the points of a square, one in the center of those) and then 2 to the top and bottom of that 'square'. I keep the top one and the bottom one plugged and leave the 5 open. At hatch time, I unplug the last 2.

Good luck!

3. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

I leave mine unplugged until lockdown. I do a dry hatch though. This time around I havent had to add any water yet. It's too humid and hot right now. Humidity is at 40 - 45 percent.

Bluemoon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by