Hova Bators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by folgerrd, Jan 25, 2012.

1. folgerrd

folgerrd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Canada
    I have been looking at incubators and I found one called the 1602N, it's by Hova Bator.
    Are Hova Bators any good? Is there a different brand you prefer? Do you use homemade instead?

Thanks.

2. SherrieT

SherrieT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    My Hova Bator Genesis was just delivered today. [​IMG]

Just do a search and you will come up with lots of posts about them!

3. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    I'm also in the market for one and I'm trying to do all the same research you are was up till 2 am plugging away on the old google, ebay, BYC, and other sites. [​IMG]

Hoping to get my hands on a used one or one that someones upgrading from... and hopefully an egg turner but I dunno much about them. I dunno what model... I don't know how to even run it! or humidity/temp. I'm nervous but I really want to try it ;)

4. So far I love my Hova bator Genesis I have my very first hatch ever in it right now so lieghts hope everything go,s well

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  5. wilobrookfarms

wilobrookfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    I'm having great success with my genesis 1588. I'm on my first hatch, ever, and the genesis has been so great! Temp. holds steady, and add water couple times a day. Thats it..
    I go into lockdown in 6 days. so I'll let you know!

6. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  7. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    If the new ones work as well as my old model....you're gonna have all the chickies you've ever wanted.

8. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    [​IMG]

9. KLRA

KLRA Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Lane County, OR
    Are the hovabators styrofoam? I had trouble figuring out the construction of them when I was in the market for an incubator, so I just went with a Brinsea. They're solid plastic which is better for me... Easier to clean and harder to break!

10. folgerrd

folgerrd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Canada

Looks like yours has been through its fair share of chickies! How long have you had it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by