Hovabator 1588 (Genesis) owners - Question?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by equus2, May 28, 2008.

1. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you had to adjust the temperature? It's preset for the correct temp, but I have two, and the temps on both are reading 98.4 to 98.8. They are in a room with stable temps.

The instructions say to wait and let the quality of the first one or two hatches determine if you should adjust the temps. I'm at the end of the first hatch, late on Day 21, and only two pips, that haven't progressed for a day.

2. Shepicca

Shepicca Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    My hatch were a day early and I turned it down one level. I won't know for awhile if that worked as the next hatch was already halfway through, so it will be the next hatch that will really tell.

Irene

3. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    I'm on my first hatch, and my temp is reading exactly 100 most of the time.

But I won't know about my hatch rates and days for a couple of more weeks.

Sorry.

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Mine are due to hatch tomorrow but my temps according to the better thermometer reads 100 even and the acurite one from walmart is reading 98 - 99 so I'm trusting that the incubator is right on! My eggs were also shipped and I didn't know to let them settle 24 hours before setting them! AND the electricity went out here for over 4 hours. SOOO not sure how this hatch will go if it goes at all! I will let you know tho....I wouldn't touch it for at least two hatches though to see how it goes. Good luck with your hatch!

5. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    I had to adjust mine down as it also was running a degree or so high. I made the adjustment AFTER my first hatch to be sure the hatch indicated the same thing as my thermometer. If your's is reading 100 I would wait and see what the hatch tells you.

Richard

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by