Hovabator 1602/1588 or Brinsea Octagon 20 A EX???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dixieangeln, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Dixieangeln

Dixieangeln Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    NC/VA line
    What is the difference between the Hovabator 1602 and the 1588? And the Brinsea Octagon 20 A EX (which I know is a bigger price difference)??? I am new and know I will get the egg turner no matter what, I know temps and humidity are important so Im trying to learn the differences and pros/cons of each of these..
    Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    Thanks--[​IMG]

2. Dixieangeln

Sep 20, 2010
    NC/VA line
    Anyone???[​IMG]

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I have the Hvoabator, I think it's great, but if I had the chance, I'd get the Brinsea - much easier and more reliable

4. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    I literally ordered the Brinsea Octagon Advance EX last night. Coming from an LG Still Air, I wanted complete plug and play, stupid proof. I cannot speak to the Hova, but Brinsea seems to be top notch from my research!

5. Dixieangeln

Sep 20, 2010
    NC/VA line
    What does it do that the others dont??

6. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Holds temp and humidity better

7. katiemdenne

katiemdenne Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2012
    Campbell River
    From my research, the hovabator holds twice as many eggs but is a styrofoam based incubator which is not as desirable.

8. sunflowerparrot

sunflowerparrot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2012
    Winfield, KS
    I just got my new Octogon Brinsea on Wednesday and the lid doesn't fit right - wouldn't hold the temperature and was all over the place from below 70 up to 106. The lid is warped. I'm waiting to hear from them if they'll let me return it - their return/guarantee policy on their website is frightening - says they only cover working parts (which a lid is not) and they charge you all the extra shipping involved as well as a 20% restock fee. Not sure I can afford to even send it back and pay all the fees. I hope yours isn't defective. Mine arrived completely toasted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by