hovabator 1602n screw doesnt line up with thingy-- now pics!

TyrannosaurusChix

Songster
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Savannah, NY
My Grandmother had a hovabator 1602N i believe it is. with the allen wrench shaped screw on top. the problem is when screwed downward, it doesnt "hit" the littl emetal nipple thingy underneath.

Can i adjust the position of the thingy underneath? i jimmy rigged the fly nut to go down ont he bottom to make a connection but my range is like 25 degrees and that will not do.

Thanks for any information.

btw- it has a built in fan that comes on when the heat turns on.. if that matters?

Last edited:
Thanks, i will look into it. I dont know how old it is, she received it for free from a vocational school when her company was paid to do the cleaning, and has had it for a number of years. I googled it but i only come up with wafer style .. maybe some pictures will help. i have to leave the house in about 15 minutes but when i get back ill upload a few.

under the screw is a long dark brown thing( the heater) with the metal nipple for the connection to the screw to "touch" LOL im sorry.. i will get pictures!

If all else fails i will definitely contact them, but id rather do a simple fix so i can utilize this beauty..

and might i add, what a tight seal this incubator has compared to my brand new LG!

Last edited:
sany0102.jpg

sany0105g.jpg

sany0106.jpg

sany0104u.jpg

the wing nut goes on the outside to lock the screw. the gold waffer is missing, that makes contact with the switch aslo srews on the rod. you can by one at the co-op or order one through qgf. about 10.00 wont hurt to order two and have one has a backup. they do go bad after sevaeral hatches.... your lg should have one just like it.

Last edited:
i put the wingnut there to make contact.. but i had no idea it was missing something! Thanks!

My lg is all enclosed, so i have no idea what sinside the plastic box.

i have since put the wingnut back where it belongs, thanks for the info

your lg may have the preset thermostat thingy. l.o.l. if it does it doesnt have a wafer. good luck getting it going. glad i could help......if the wafer doesnt fix then it could be the snap switch. the blk thing the wafer touches.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom