Hovabator 1602N

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pele, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Hi everyone,

I just bought the above model of incubator, and I wanted to see if anyone else has used this unit, and has any feedback about it.

I believe it qualifies as a dry air incubator (which would require 30 humidity for 18 days yes?).

Please let me know any tips/tricks for this unit. I am trying a very small first hatch in it.

2. notinoz2007

notinoz2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2011
    Phoenix Area
    i have this one also so i will be checking here to get feedback. its my first hatch too and know nothing about this incubator, came with no paperwork since it was secondhand. i had no idea it might be dry air so thanks for that info.

3. Pele

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Thanks for replying notinoz2007

Yes I bought the very basic unit with no turning rack, fan, or humidity wells. You may want to look on your unit for a place to put water, if there is one, then it's not a dry unit.

It will be an adventure!

4. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    I have this model with eggs on day 5 in it. I'm only using it as a backup to my Brinsea. The humidity seems to run quite low in it if you only fill the center chamber with water. I added sponges to mine because I'm not incubating at 30% humidity, I prefer 40-45%.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  5. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:There are STILL air incubators and a process of dry incubation but I have never heard of a dry air incubator.

6. notinoz2007

Feb 11, 2011
    Phoenix Area
    ok, the bottom of my incubator has 6 holes, no bigger than hole punch size. and it has a maze looking kind of set up, one part says thermal. one part says circulated. do i put water in either of those places?
    i sure am glad you created this thread - i had no idea i should take a closer look at my incubator.

7. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:Yes, the manual says to fill the center part of the maze for incubation and the entire maze for hatching. I would strongly suggest you get a hygrometer to know what your humidity is exactly.

8. notinoz2007

Feb 11, 2011
    Phoenix Area
    Quote:Yes, the manual says to fill the center part of the maze for incubation and the entire maze for hatching. I would strongly suggest you get a hygrometer to know what your humidity is exactly.

thank you for that [​IMG] i'm going to do a little checking online and see if i can find a printable manual.

9. Pele

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Quote:Thanks Faerytalefarm, that's good info to have. And yes, I was mixing up my words. I meant a still and dry air incubator. Though I'm not sure it qualifies as still because the product description talks about convection for air circulation (though I just assumed that was still 'still'.)

10. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011

thank you for that [​IMG] i'm going to do a little checking online and see if i can find a printable manual.

I bet you can.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by