Hovabator 2100 comes on Wednesday! :D

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkielover92, Jan 7, 2013.

1. silkielover92

silkielover92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Eatonville Washington
    So my Hovabator comes on Wednesday, I've never used one before its a still air bator. So I have a few questions: question number 1: for Serama eggs what should the temperature be? question number 2: what should the humidity be? question number 3: how many times do you recommend I turn the eggs? I'm very new to this so any and all help will be appreciated!!!! thank you all so much! :)

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Temperature should be 98.5-101* and humidity 45-55% for the first 18 days, after than bump it up to 60-65%. Turn the eggs minimum 3 times a day, but 5 would be better. After day 18 you lockdown, stop turning the eggs, up the humidity and don't open the incubator until the chicks have hatched. Wait for the chicks to dry off before removing them and be quick so you don't lose too much humidity. You'll notice once they start hatching the humidity will go up even more, nothing to worry about. They need the moisture to stop them drying out while they hatch, which can take 24 hours or more in total.

Have a look here also: Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Sally put together lots of notes and handy links on incubating on that thread, most are in the first post. Have fun!

3. silkielover92

silkielover92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Eatonville Washington
    thank you so much! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by