HovaBator Egg Turner Help Please. I messed it up

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SherrieT, Feb 9, 2012.

1. SherrieT

SherrieT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    I was trying to replace the chick holders with the quail ones and I messed up. This is what happened....

[​IMG]

I thought that the white knobbie thing (is that it's scientific name?) just slipped into the grove but it won't stay when it starts turning.
    Will someone please post a pic of theirs so I can see how it is supposed to go. I can't tell from what little documentation and of course I didn't check it before I started trying to change it.

Thank you so much for any and all help

2. SherrieT

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    Shameless bump for help

3. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Sherrie,

Literally, two hours ago I took one apart and put it back together. I just bought a new one and part of the frame was bent, the turner knob slipped out of on mine too and I couldn't get it back in.

Once I put the racks back into place, they turned easily and then it lined right back up. I was able to slide the turner knob right back into place. Mine is still going back, they've already shipped out a new one.

I think you really have to snap the racks into place. They told me they no longer supply the little white sleeve to hold them into place. They told me the racks now just snap in.

I can take a picture if you really need it, but I've already sealed the box for tomorrow's pickup.

Good luck.

Deb

4. SherrieT

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    Thank you. Tomorrow I will put all the racks back in and try it again.

Sherrie

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Quote:Originally Posted by kathyinmo [​IMG]

Your turner is the same as my older one. The new ones are a bit flimsier and the turner knob slips out of the arm fairly easily when it turns. I had quail eggs in mine and turning until I was ready to set them. I'm glad I checked on them late last night. The rack slipped out of place and they turned too far. About ten eggs had fallen out and were wedged between the racks. Fortunately, none of them broke. Once you really firmly snap the racks into place, it seems better. I wish they hadn't changed them and ditched the retainer sleeve.

Deb

7. SherrieT

Apr 20, 2007
    Barrington, RI
    Thank you all so much. I guess my issue is that I don't have all the racks snapped in. I'll try putting them all in and snapping them all the way and see if that works.

Thanks again [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by