1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hovabator Genesis 1588 (Default Temp)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ichoudhury, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ichoudhury

ichoudhury Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2011
    Stone Mountain
    So I'm on my "Day 3" today with my shipped eggs with humidity 42% and Temp 99.5 (or so I thought). I decided to buy the Brinsea Spot Check Thermometer which pointed out that it wasn't quite 99.5 (but 100.2 F instead). My question to you, should I adjust the temp or leave it alone? I double checked the Brinsea to ensure that it is accurate (so I do have 100.2 F).

My shipped eggs (Ordered from two different source) of which second one just arrived and they are suppose to go in today, so once again,should I adjust the temp or leave it alone? I know, with the overlaps, only one incubator, lockdown period, I have another battle to fight, [​IMG] but I just want to deal with the current concern (which is temp).

Thanks for your support ... keeping my fingers crossed! [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I would leave it as it is for this hatch, because that temp will be OK. Your incubator will be different temps in different places, believe it or not. You will drive yourself nuts trying to adjust for that perfect temp......(Been there, done that.)

I've used your exact incubator, and I had good success with it. I'll bet you'll be pleased,

Sharon

1 person likes this.
  3. ichoudhury

Jan 3, 2011
    Stone Mountain
    Thanks Sharon. I appreciate your input. [​IMG]

Oh to make mater worse, I realize that some of the eggs that were resting (on their wrong end[​IMG]) .. I guess I was dog tired yesterday and didn't realize it. These are Bantam eggs and some are almost round on both side ... Anyway, I don't know what the future might hold. Keeping my hopes high though. Take care.

4. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    sharons right..they say, if its fertile, you can hatch it a brinsea. glad you caught the right side up end of those little eggs..some of them are pretty round..ive been there, being that tired..but give a quick look at where the air cell is...i almost put a round one in upside down a couple years ago..couldnt make up my mind which end was which..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  5. ichoudhury

Jan 3, 2011
    Stone Mountain
    Thanks Aveca .. so temp seems to settle to around 99.3 the second day, so I am leaving it the way it is. Humidity staying at 45-50% even though I'm not adding much of any water... I have the red cap open. (Unless humidity start to go below 30, I wouldn't worry much. Hope all goes well. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by