1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HOVABATOR INCUBATOR 1602N Anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tony, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Anyone have this model? Is it good? I noticed its on the inexpensive side compared to others. thanks

2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I have one and for the price it is okay. You really, really must make sure that the room temps around it are stable. Any fluctuations in room temps and your internal bator temps will fluctuate as well. Once your temps fluctuate your humidity gets all out of control. I had a miserable first hatch (early summer before I turned on the air), okay second and third hatches (with AC on) and a really bad last hatch (hadn't turned on the heat yet). Other than that it worked okay. It was a good starter incubator to see if i wanted to hatch. I'm looking to buy the next step up now. [​IMG]

3. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Thanks Citygirl,
    I have a Genesis incubator now and can`t say enough good things about it, it`s given me really good hatches the 8 or so times I`ve used it.
    I think the price with turner included is what got me looking at the 1602, but now I`m thinking the little bit more money I would need to get another Genesis would probably be worth it in the long run to avoid any aggravation. thanks again for your help. Tony

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    You are very welcome! [​IMG]

5. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    I have two and one 1588 Genesis. I wouldn't buy another 1602N, but would buy another Genesis in a heartbeat if needed. WAY more stable in temps and I really like the big picture window. It is worth the extra money to me since my hatches are better with the Genesis.

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am starting mine up for the first time for my first hatch we will see how it goes.

Thanks,
    Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by