1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hovabator incubator question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MRNpoultry, Nov 23, 2008.

1. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    We are going to get a hovabator incubator soon. And was wondering which model is the best out of these three models.

2362N--Circulated Air Hova-Bator
    1602N--Thermal Air Hova-Bator
    1583--Hova-Bator, Circulated Air Picture Window

And these turners -

1611--Automatic Egg Turner w/ 6 Universal Egg Racks
    1610M--12VAC Auto Egg Turner with 6 Universal and 6 Quail Egg Racks

Thanks

MRN

2. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    I have two of the 1602N and love them. I had an LG and threw it out as it wouldn't hold temps for anything. If I buy any more table tops I would go for the one with the picture window and fan. I would love to see in mine better especially during hatches.

edited to add that I have the egg turning that fits my model. It came with chicken egg size and I ordered the racks for quail eggs. Easy to change out and have also run chicken and quail together. easily.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I have the 1583 with the picture window and the turner. I really like it, no problems from the first day of setting it to the right temp and humidity runs perfect. I've hatched over 300 chicks in it this year.

4. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Whats makes the 1602N different than the 2362N. Is the 1602N just a new model of 2362N with a picture window?

5. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Anyone?

6. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    ???????

7. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    No, the 1602 is a still air bator (no fan)...the 2362 is a circulated air (has a fan). Trust me, the fan makes a big difference. [​IMG]

8. justhatchin

justhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
    2362N--Circulated Air Hova-Bator
    1602N--Thermal Air Hova-Bator
    1583--Hova-Bator, Circulated Air Picture Window

Chickenboy8- Hi! I have the 2362N. It works great! I haven't had a lot of temp problems. I think I have the 1610 eggturner- yellow? came with the quail turner, this is it's 2nd year and still no problems. Sometimes however you have to be careful how you pick it up, it comes undone in places but you can put it back.

It seems to me that one I was looking at was not big enough to use a goose turner in but I can't remember which one. I have a older hova-bator that isn't tall enough. Can,t find the number on it and the box has diappeared? MMMmm! Hope this helps.

9. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Thanks everyone

I decided to get the 2362N and the auto egg turner with 6 universal and 6 quail egg racks.

10. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Good choice. You will be an incubating fool like the rest of us before you know it. sI'm sure that hatching chickens is even more addictive than having chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by