hovabator incubators

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by allquackedup, Aug 9, 2009.

1. allquackedup

allquackedup Songster

Aug 9, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Can anyone give feedback on hovabator 2362n with auto egg turner vs the hovabator genisis-- has anyone used either of them or both? Looking to purchase, not sure which I shoudl go with. Will be done inside the house so temperature is pretty controlled. Thanks!

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Hmm. I don't even know which one I have--it's just the hovabator circulated air incubator that's available through Amazon, lol. I like it really well. I am having really good luck keeping the temperature steady and the humidity where it should be simply by following the instructions that came with it.

At some point, I'd love to get an incubator with a digital proportional thermostat--the wafer thermostat fluctuates more than I like, and it has to be turned down as the ducklings start generating their own heat. But the better thermostat's are more expensive, and for the price, I've been very happy with the hovabator.

I know that isn't really what you were asking for, but it's the best I can do, lol. I do love the egg turner, by the way. I am very glad I got it--well worth the money.

Whatever you decide, I hope it works great for you. [​IMG]

3. allquackedup

allquackedup Songster

Aug 9, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Thanks I appreciate you thoughts. Ordered the hovabator with the egg turner....here we go !! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: