1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hovabator SETUP eggs going in TOMORROW!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by glewis121, Oct 31, 2009.

1. glewis121

glewis121 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    So I ordered the HOVABATOR 1588 last Saturday and it arrived YESTERDAY.

I set it up tonight, added water, and am letting it get up to temperature for tomorrow.

I have just a few questions.

I only want to set like 15-20 eggs... is this going to cause a big problem with the temperature if i spread them out? I have the automatic turner just to let you know.

Any last minute suggestions?

2. Ravynwood

Ravynwood Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2009
    Champaign, IL
    I am on day 14 of my first bator experience.

No matter how many eggs you put in, once the chicks start developing and growing the temp will change as they progress.

BUT you will love it and enjoy it. Once you get it set to about the temp you want, do not mess with it much. if you keep making small adjustments you will stay making small adjustments and bouncing back and forth in temp.

3. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i have only hatched 42 at a time, but i have noticed around day 15 the temp starts riseing and i have to turn it down a full turn over the next few days, once you get the temp set dont mess with it, it takes several hrs between adjustments to stabilize and good luck hatching it is addicting

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by