How about a frizzled long tailed phoenix???

JordanFamily

Crowing
16 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Archie, MO
So I'm getting some phoenix birds and really like my frizzled birds to... So was thinking of puting the two together... First off would it even be ok to breed a frizzled bird to a non molting bird??? Not sure of how the non molting would react to the frizzled feathers... Next what type of frizzled bird would be best to breed the phoenix to to keep the best phoenix characteristics? Then how would I breed the frizzled offspring back to pure phoenix to get the longer tails back? About how many generations do you think it would take to get a bird I could call a full phoenix that is frizzled??? Everyones opinions and advice are welcome... Thanks, K
bow.gif

So I'm getting some phoenix birds and really like my frizzled birds to... So was thinking of puting the two together... First off would it even be ok to breed a frizzled bird to a non molting bird??? Not sure of how the non molting would react to the frizzled feathers... Next what type of frizzled bird would be best to breed the phoenix to to keep the best phoenix characteristics? Then how would I breed the frizzled offspring back to pure phoenix to get the longer tails back? About how many generations do you think it would take to get a bird I could call a full phoenix that is frizzled??? Everyones opinions and advice are welcome... Thanks, K
bow.gif
Did you ever try this??? I was just wondering if this would work and knew if I came here I would find someone else trying the same thing. I have frizzles and my phoenix's.

I wanna know too. I just had some chicks hatch last night that came from phoemix hens and a cochin/silkie frizzle roo. Im keeping one to see ehat it looks like. Guess this may become one of my breeding projects since i vant find anything on them either!

Did you ever try this??? I was just wondering if this would work and knew if I came here I would find someone else trying the same thing. I have frizzles and my phoenix's.
Came here to ask the same lol I want to try with my Sumatra as well.

Back
Top Bottom