How about a rousing game of "Guess the Gender!!!"

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bufforp89, Feb 1, 2011.

1. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I have a bantam easter egger chick that I am on the fence about. They were hatched on Christmas and come from my bantam cochins and lavender ameraucanas. Also if anyone could give me an idea of color that would be great....Im not really sure what to call them....

#1 Deff a roo....Tried to crow when I was taking pics but what is his color??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 The one that I am not sure about....Im leaning towards pullet but that may just be wishful thinking....Help on color would also be appreciated...A crappy splash maybe?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The both of them, the one I think is a roo is on the bottom
    [​IMG]

Any help would be great!

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Looks like two boys.

Check the shoulders and back of the head/base of the neck of the splash. See any gold popping in there? If so, it's a definite boy.

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Quote:I agree...

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:Not that i disagree, because I don't, but how is the gold (if it is for sure there b/c my pc has bad coloring to let me see well) a definitive way to know that number 2 is a boy? you always seem to know and I want to too! [​IMG]

5. buildingmyark

buildingmyark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    2 Roos!

6. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Two roos...

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Because part of being a cockerel in many cases, and especially in a leaky splash coloration, is having gold or red in the shoulders and neck, which should begin to pop up sooner or later. Females cannot have this though.

8. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Ahhh Just looked and I am pretty sure that there is some red coming in on the one. Oh well better luck next time I guess. Thanks for all the help!

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:I agree...

x2

10. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:See? I learn something new everyday! Never occurred to me that I hadn't seen a hen with red or gold on the neck/shoulders...thanks for the info!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by