How about a spoiled rotten one :o)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fourwindgsd, Jul 6, 2010.

1. fourwindgsd

fourwindgsd In the Brooder

May 28, 2009
    Macks Creek/ Tunas
    I had really looked forward to my new Black Copper Marans pullets. And all of them were doing really well until this one when I went to check on them was down. I placed her outside of the grower pen thinking she was a goner. She then got up, so I went to go get her some food and water. She ate and drank almost right away. So I took her in the house and placed her in the brooder. Well, it wasn't long before my son was carrying her around and making sure she was eating and drinking.
    She was still very weak, so she spent last two weeks in the house with my son and being spoiled rotten. I thought I would share a few pictures. Didn't take her long to get really used to being treated like a queen.
    She's back outside with her group, but she comes running now when she sees Brian wanting picked up and she rides around on his shoulder all the time now and eat treats sitting there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Liz [​IMG]

2. awheel11

awheel11 Chirping

Jun 23, 2010
    [​IMG] and what a cute bird!

3. fourwindgsd

fourwindgsd In the Brooder

May 28, 2009
    Macks Creek/ Tunas
    She is, each one of the pullets had kind of a unique color pattern on their heads before they started to feather out and get their copper hackle feathers....she had just a copper spot on the right side of the back of her head.
    Brian could go out and hollar Baby...here she comes waiting at the door for him [​IMG]

Liz [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by