How about a virginia "Egg train" or swap? anyone on board???

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by clarmayfarm, Mar 30, 2011.

1. clarmayfarm

clarmayfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2010
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Hello from the Valley of Virginia...

I know there are many of yall stalking on this board....my question is would anyone be interested in an egg or chicken swap somewhere in our gorgeous state? (Maybe this is already being done...if so, let me know)

My idea would be to have a getogether with everyone bringing stories, eggs, and maybe chicks to swap. I would like to raise a couple of other breeds, and hatching eggs from some local breeders would be a great way for me to expand the flock and try new breeds on a small scale. This kind of swap would be for BYCers and friends, not the public. We could post what is available ahead of time, so that people could make plans on which eggs to save ,etc. Local folks could teach each other about the breed they work with, and we may learn anew thing or two...

Any interest in this? Id be willing to work with another person or two to set something up

I breed LF cochins and ameraucans.

Foster

-------------------[​IMG][​IMG]-------------------------------------------------------------
    " The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog".Online

2. localcommotion42

localcommotion42 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Buckingham, VA
    I would be interested! I know I reply late but I have a few hens to trade and missed my local swap! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by