How accurate are sexed chicks?

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
I hope this is the right place to post this question. I have 15 chicks that I’ll be picking up next month, and I ordered all girls only because I’m a newbie & at too nervous to worry about hatching eggs until I get a little more comfortable!
How many times do breeders get it wrong? Are there breeds more susceptible to mistakes?
I’m getting: Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, Barred Rock, Gold Wyandotte & Americana.
Im so excited & keeping my fingers crossed.
Thank you!

I hope this is the right place to post this question. I have 15 chicks that I’ll be picking up next month, and I ordered all girls only because I’m a newbie & at too nervous to worry about hatching eggs until I get a little more comfortable!
How many times do breeders get it wrong? Are there breeds more susceptible to mistakes?
I’m getting: Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, Barred Rock, Gold Wyandotte & Americana.
Thank you!
From a hatchery, it’s usuallly 90% accurate. I got one rooster out of 10 chicks. For breeders, it may be worse or better.

Thank you!
It sounds like you are getting them from a breeder? Well, I wouldn’t expect them to be as accurate as a hatchery. Many people on BYC end up with cockerels when buying from breeders somehow.

Thank you!
15? I would guess you’ll have at least 1 cockerel.
The ratio is 9 out of 10 times they’re right.

Back
Top Bottom