1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How are they looking? Opinions? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jenEbean, Oct 28, 2015.

1. jenEbean

jenEbean Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2015
    I posted about a week ago about incubating my eggs in a still air incubator. It's day six & I've had some fluctuations but I just had to candle them to see how they were doing. Is this about right? Any advice or should I just keep doing what I'm doing? Here is what they look like at day 6...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    They're all looking great! I hope they hatch well for you.[​IMG] I just love eggs at this stage- the little embryos look so delicate and perfect.

1 person likes this.
  3. jenEbean

jenEbean Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2015
    Thank you!! 3 of them are named after a friend (Brittany Cash Vance) that is serving with her unit in Cuba right now. You can almost see one of the little eyes on the Britt egg. She got a big kick out of that! Cash & Vance are growing really well too! I only have one very small egg that wasn't showing near as much progress. A few light vessels but couldn't make out the embryo. I'm going to give it another week just in case it's a late bloomer. But so far 4 out of 5 isn't too shabby from a homemade incubator! Pretty excited but I wanted to run it past all of you before I got TOO excited. Lol

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by