How bad is it really to smoke filterless reds

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BirdHead, Nov 11, 2015.

1. BirdHead

BirdHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma
    I started smoking again around May earlier this year, but only red shorts and I rip off the filter. I don't binge/chain smoke. Rarely smoke more than 5-7 a day but I got a dry cough that itches and makes me want to cough more. I've had a cough before about a month ago but it was more of just getting the mucus out of my lungs and I'd slow down or stop for about a week and went away but now it just flat out hurts and I can breathe with no weeze. No allergies, no sickness either.

2. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    I feel your pain..why does everything we want to do ..hurt us

1 person likes this.
  3. BirdHead

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma

That's deep lmao

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Sorry, I used to smoke, I quit when I got cancer, thankfully it wasn't lung cancer and I'm okay for now, the things I've seen, you don't want to die that way just to be an addict to nicotine. Go spend some time in the oncology waiting room if you want motivation.

1 person likes this.
  5. BirdHead

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma

Lmao I plan on just going back to cope original, already doing both just trying to wean myself more towards the snuff. When I did I took like two dips a day and I know, doctor said it won't harm me much in moderation and did a lil research snuff only contains 26 carcinogens compared to over 600 in a cigarette

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    If the cough is still going on after this amount of time, I would make an appointment and speak with a doctor about it to see what they say. A long term cough is not normal.

Have you looked into electric cigarettes? Nothing we put in our lungs is great for us, but I think this is a great alternative for people.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by