How bad is your addiction?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by AtRendeAcres, May 20, 2008.

1. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Songster

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    My name is Joanne

I am chickaholic [​IMG]

Please don't help me just wondering if you are also a CHICKAHOLIC? & how bad you have itTell me how bad you have it!

I had Brahmas, Cochins & EE's

I hatched ([​IMG] cohin & had to find out what everyone was talking about with BO) & bought in Febuary!

hatched (show quality SLP, bBR & SAL) & bought in April! (couldn't pass up BO, GS & RIR & mystery bantams)

ordered my cornish from welp!

day later added Blue Waynedottes

2 days later change Blue Waynedotte to Salmon Faverolles!

next day added Buff Brahmas! because they are in my top 3 favorite!!!

just called to see if I can put Dominiques in order
    ((will call me later to see if they are available))

and the bottom line by fall I will have sold or given (I love to Bless people with chickens) 1/2 of these guys away!

waiting to hear [​IMG]

2. Tutter

Tutter Songster

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Problem? Are you implying that I have a problem?

I can stop anytime I want to!

[​IMG]

3. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Songster

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Yes, I have the addiction too! We have 42 and are getting more delivered in June.

4. Southern Gardener

Southern Gardener Songster

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    I'm going to get fired if I don't stay off of this site!

5. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    [​IMG] I have 44 now and I keep buying hatching eggs from people. I have a bator and so does my mom. She has hatched 3 or four batches( my and her eggs) and now I have her eggs plus some I bought plus some she bought [​IMG] . I can't stop. I spent my entire weekend ( besides going to the hospital to vist my papaw) building a bigger coop. And now I am deciding were the others are going. shhh don't tell my DH. [​IMG] . Plus I have to name them all. I spend time with them to find the perfect name for them. It takes a while, but I am willing to do it [​IMG]

I'm not crazy, in my eyes anyway!!

6. HenMamma

HenMamma Songster

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    My obsession started as 3-4 about a month ago. A week later it was 4-6, then 6-8. Last week it upped to 11. Today I pick up my 3 easter egger's and am tempted to get more!

7. wynedot55

wynedot55 Songster

Mar 28, 2007
    i think all of us here are chick addicts.i know i am.i have room for 400 hens.an a brooder coop for 150 at 6wks old.as well as 3 big brooders to start chicks in.an house them for 4 to 6wks.

8. gypsygirl1421

gypsygirl1421 Songster

Nov 27, 2007
    Albany, NY
    Quote:[​IMG] Me too! I keep waiting for the nasti-gram. I know they monitor what we do online! I don't know what I will do if it happens. I write alot, and its nice to come here for mental breaks. It also works the other way, I hear what everyone else has for chickens and I want some to.It ends up feeding the additcion. I am running out of room for chickens. I just remade my den, I actually took the tv out, and turned the couch around so I can sit and watch the chickens in their fenced in back yard! My mom was very puzzled when she came to visit. She kept asking.. "and what am I looking at here?"

9. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG] Me too! I keep waiting for the nasti-gram. I know they monitor what we do online! I don't know what I will do if it happens. I write alot, and its nice to come here for mental breaks. It also works the other way, I hear what everyone else has for chickens and I want some to.It ends up feeding the additcion. I am running out of room for chickens. I just remade my den, I actually took the tv out, and turned the couch around so I can sit and watch the chickens in their fenced in back yard! My mom was very puzzled when she came to visit. She kept asking.. "and what am I looking at here?"

[​IMG] sounds like something I'd do.

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    Hey, who you calling addicted?? Not me!! I dont "need" to have more...i just like to have them. I started with one rescued Rooster. Then he "needed" a few ladies. So I got him 3. Well...then I saw some babies at the feed store...so I got 6 of them....thats enough, right?? Well...of course not! We now have a turkey house with 1 tom 3 hens, a breeder coop, 4 pens and runs with 6 EE, 3 RIR and a EE with a silkie Roo, 1 Langshan roo with 3 hens ( leaving this week for sure!) and a pair of Silver pheonix, ( that need a new home). [​IMG] I have a pen for the Cornish cross...a pen with 14 mixed babies... 9 RIR in thier own coop, 15 BO with a Dom hen and a banty cochin frizzle hen, and a frizzle pen, with 1 roo and 3 hens. There are 8 leghorns,3 langshans 1 BO and 2 RIR in a brooder in the garage, a langshan in with a new hatched turkey poult in the basement. One bator is due this weekend with 4 turkeys and 8 EE, and the other bator has 14 more turkey eggs, due in 3 weeks. Addicted?? Naaaaa. Oh, and I started my bator up last October, only shut it off long enough to clean for the next batch![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: