How bad is your addiction?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by AtRendeAcres, May 20, 2008.

1. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    My name is Joanne

I am chickaholic [​IMG]

Please don't help me just wondering if you are also a CHICKAHOLIC? & how bad you have itTell me how bad you have it!

I had Brahmas, Cochins & EE's

I hatched ([​IMG] cohin & had to find out what everyone was talking about with BO) & bought in Febuary!

hatched (show quality SLP, bBR & SAL) & bought in April! (couldn't pass up BO, GS & RIR & mystery bantams)

ordered my cornish from welp!

day later added Blue Waynedottes

2 days later change Blue Waynedotte to Salmon Faverolles!

next day added Buff Brahmas! because they are in my top 3 favorite!!!

just called to see if I can put Dominiques in order
    ((will call me later to see if they are available))

and the bottom line by fall I will have sold or given (I love to Bless people with chickens) 1/2 of these guys away!

waiting to hear [​IMG]

2. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Problem? Are you implying that I have a problem?

I can stop anytime I want to!

[​IMG]

3. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Yes, I have the addiction too! We have 42 and are getting more delivered in June.

4. Southern Gardener

Southern Gardener Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    I'm going to get fired if I don't stay off of this site!

5. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    [​IMG] I have 44 now and I keep buying hatching eggs from people. I have a bator and so does my mom. She has hatched 3 or four batches( my and her eggs) and now I have her eggs plus some I bought plus some she bought [​IMG] . I can't stop. I spent my entire weekend ( besides going to the hospital to vist my papaw) building a bigger coop. And now I am deciding were the others are going. shhh don't tell my DH. [​IMG] . Plus I have to name them all. I spend time with them to find the perfect name for them. It takes a while, but I am willing to do it [​IMG]

I'm not crazy, in my eyes anyway!!

6. HenMamma

HenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    My obsession started as 3-4 about a month ago. A week later it was 4-6, then 6-8. Last week it upped to 11. Today I pick up my 3 easter egger's and am tempted to get more!

7. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    i think all of us here are chick addicts.i know i am.i have room for 400 hens.an a brooder coop for 150 at 6wks old.as well as 3 big brooders to start chicks in.an house them for 4 to 6wks.

8. gypsygirl1421

gypsygirl1421 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Albany, NY
    Quote:[​IMG] Me too! I keep waiting for the nasti-gram. I know they monitor what we do online! I don't know what I will do if it happens. I write alot, and its nice to come here for mental breaks. It also works the other way, I hear what everyone else has for chickens and I want some to.It ends up feeding the additcion. I am running out of room for chickens. I just remade my den, I actually took the tv out, and turned the couch around so I can sit and watch the chickens in their fenced in back yard! My mom was very puzzled when she came to visit. She kept asking.. "and what am I looking at here?"

9. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG] Me too! I keep waiting for the nasti-gram. I know they monitor what we do online! I don't know what I will do if it happens. I write alot, and its nice to come here for mental breaks. It also works the other way, I hear what everyone else has for chickens and I want some to.It ends up feeding the additcion. I am running out of room for chickens. I just remade my den, I actually took the tv out, and turned the couch around so I can sit and watch the chickens in their fenced in back yard! My mom was very puzzled when she came to visit. She kept asking.. "and what am I looking at here?"

[​IMG] sounds like something I'd do.

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Hey, who you calling addicted?? Not me!! I dont "need" to have more...i just like to have them. I started with one rescued Rooster. Then he "needed" a few ladies. So I got him 3. Well...then I saw some babies at the feed store...so I got 6 of them....thats enough, right?? Well...of course not! We now have a turkey house with 1 tom 3 hens, a breeder coop, 4 pens and runs with 6 EE, 3 RIR and a EE with a silkie Roo, 1 Langshan roo with 3 hens ( leaving this week for sure!) and a pair of Silver pheonix, ( that need a new home). [​IMG] I have a pen for the Cornish cross...a pen with 14 mixed babies... 9 RIR in thier own coop, 15 BO with a Dom hen and a banty cochin frizzle hen, and a frizzle pen, with 1 roo and 3 hens. There are 8 leghorns,3 langshans 1 BO and 2 RIR in a brooder in the garage, a langshan in with a new hatched turkey poult in the basement. One bator is due this weekend with 4 turkeys and 8 EE, and the other bator has 14 more turkey eggs, due in 3 weeks. Addicted?? Naaaaa. Oh, and I started my bator up last October, only shut it off long enough to clean for the next batch![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by