How big are khaki campbell duck eggs?

bufforp89

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
Chenango Forks NY
can anyone tell me how big an average khaki campbell egg is supposed to be? I have got a strange range of sizes from really tiny to one bigger than a jumbo chicken egg from the store.
37655_e2.jpg

37655_e1.jpg

when my ducks first lay an egg is really small and slowly gets bigger or is a huge double yoker.
but i think she will average the biggest 1 atleast mine did
hope that helps

My khakis lay a range of sizes. One day I had the HUGEST egg I'd ever seen and it wasn't a double yoker. Haven't seen any others that large. They often vary in width too, sometimes long and skinny and sometimes just look like the average egg. So I think I'd have to say they vary!

Hello am looking to see if anyone can help me. Am looking for a couple khaki campbell ducks for my mother in-lay. I live in kansas and was wondering if anyone can direct me whow to find some that are alreday starting to lay eggs. Since she wants them for the eggs. She has one chicken thats laying but she wants to get ducks instead and i know these are the best ones for eggs. Thanks Matt

Matt, if you can't find Khaki Campbells, what about Welsh Harlequins? I have those and my girls are laying. Welsh Harlequins are an offshoot of khakis. They lay just as good, don't fly, but unlike khakis they will brood their own young.

That would work specially if you don't have to clip the wings. We already had accident with the chickens one flew over the fence before the netting was up and ol'diesel got ahold of it. We got one chicken in the coop had 2. Can we put ducks and chickens together we plan on moving the coop and making a longer run for more birds here soon.

You can but ducks re messy with their water. You will have to make sure the chickens can stay dry while the ducks are being ducks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom