How big are your...?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Morgan7782, May 14, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    nothing bad. haha. newbie question

For all Easter Egger/Ameracauna (sp?) owners:

How big are your Hens? Full grown? I am talking about backyard or hatchery, no standards lol expecting many different answers but I am just curious.

I expected my Barred Rock pullet to be larger then my Easter Egger pullet, but the EE seems to be much bigger. I am sure they are both girls, but just curious if she could be bigger then the Barred Rock. Thanks!

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    My BR is easily twice the size of my EE.

Here is my EE.
    [​IMG]

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    How about when they were around 6 weeks old? I am so surprised at the size difference between Joon and Munk. The BR can sunbathe on her 'porch' but the EE can't get her big bum to fit lol!

4. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    It varies quite a bit amongst them since they are mutts. I sold a couple to a lady. Hers are bigger than her barred rocks. Most of mine are fairly small. I have a couple old hens that are fat. I had a couple also that were only a little bigger than a Jaerhorn. They were smaller than a leghorn and very flighty.

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thanks for the info [​IMG] Yeah I have come to realize EE's are hard to sterotype, but I enjoy all the different responses. I am excited to see what they grow up to be!

6. La_TomboyGirl

La_TomboyGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    NW Louisiana
    My EE's are good sized. "Strawberry's" a bit smaller & sleeker than "Sweetcheeks", but they are within a pound of each other, I'd say. Sweetcheeks is fatter & fluffier. They are so fun to watch develop!

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    My grown EEs are smaller than my rocks- about the same size as my welsummer girls. They lay big eggs though. I hatched some ameraucana x LF cochin babies and they are HUGE! Almost twice the size of a true ameraucana that hatched with them. I love EEs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by