How big is the biggest bird you have done

bayvistafarm

Songster
8 Years
Jan 23, 2012
Hamilton Ontario Canada

This is my daughter when she was little. She weighed 51 pounds, and this turkey was 55 pounds. We took it to our local butcher, and he cut it into 4. This was the year we raised 70, and had them mostly sold, but when they came back, there were 30 over 30 pounds, and most of them were left, people saying they were too big. I was scrambling to find freezers to store them. Made me so mad.

Shes a little older here. This turkey was 43 lbs. Shes been brought up doing birds since she can remember, and is real helpful when I am trying to peel the crop off the neck, so I can leave a cavity to stuff.
She doesn't look too happy having her picture taken, lol.

Wow, those are some big birds!

My sister had a 4-H market turkey that was sold to a family for their Thanksgiving dinner. He dressed out at 50 lbs. He didn't fit into their oven whole, so they had to cut him in half.

That's a big turkey! 55 pounds!!!
ep.gif

This is my daughter when she was little. She weighed 51 pounds, and this turkey was 55 pounds. We took it to our local butcher, and he cut it into 4. This was the year we raised 70, and had them mostly sold, but when they came back, there were 30 over 30 pounds, and most of them were left, people saying they were too big. I was scrambling to find freezers to store them. Made me so mad.

Shes a little older here. This turkey was 43 lbs. Shes been brought up doing birds since she can remember, and is real helpful when I am trying to peel the crop off the neck, so I can leave a cavity to stuff.
She doesn't look too happy having her picture taken, lol.

Is it emu cross turkey?

Back
Top Bottom