1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How big is this dog gonna get?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by can you hear me now?, Nov 29, 2008.

1. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    i picked up a pup today that is bull mastiff and great pyranese.(hope I spelled that right) Anyway she is shaped more like the mastiff, and has the hair of a pyranese. I will post pictures tomorrow she is outside tonight. My 2 boys named her cinnamon. let's pray she isn't too big. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    my friends mastiff weighted 210 lbs. good luck

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I'm guessing 120 lbs...

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yup..lol...youre gonna have a big doggie...[​IMG]..

5. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    ummmm, the size of a loveseat...... bull mastiffs are generally a little smaller than the english, but mixed with a Great Pyr...holy cow, big dawg...lover her, she'll be the best....PICS please [​IMG]

6. skirbo

skirbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    I think it's safe to say you'd better buy the 'large breed puppy food'. :->

A lot of her size will relate to how big her parents are and I've seen some fairly small and light framed GP girls and the BM I've seen haven't been all that big, really. So I'm going to guess 80-100 pounds.

Sarah

7. mountaintopchicken

mountaintopchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Bull Mastiff

Size, Proportion, Substance
    Size--Dogs, 25 to 27 inches at the withers, and 110 to 130 pounds weight. grump, 24 to 26 inches at the withers, and 100 to 120 pounds weight.

Great Pyrenees

Size, Proportion, Substance
    The height at the withers ranges from 27 inches to 32 inches for dogs and from 25 inches to 29 inches for grump. A 27 inch dog weighs about 100 pounds and a 25 inch grump weighs about 85 pounds.

Er... If you were looking for a dog that doesn't get to big, that mix seems like a doozey. On a positive note, you can train it to pull a cart.

8. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    LOL! Welcome to my world! I have a Great Dane that weighs almost 200 pounds now. He is a big couch potato, though and I adore him. He greets the postman by sticking his head IN the car window--and he is still on all four feet! Very intimidating to visitors but a big teddy bear to those brave enough to say hello to him. Just perfect in my view! My husband travels for his job and I feel quite safe on my remote farm with Zeus here. I love the big dogs. Good Luck!

9. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    Quote:PLEASE tell me you are mistaken about the 200 lbs! I have a Great Dane (Thor) that is about 1 1/2 years old and weighs 122. I can't imagine him getting any bigger! I took him to the vet the other day and the said they only worked on small animals...........I'm thinking of calling the Equine vet for his next visit.

Would Zeus really protect you? Thor might drownd someone with his slobber but he is not agressive at all. He won't even bark at strangers!

10. MissJames

MissJames Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Coastal SC
    can you hear me now? :

i picked up a pup today that is bull mastiff and great pyranese.(hope I spelled that right) Anyway she is shaped more like the mastiff, and has the hair of a pyranese. I will post pictures tomorrow she is outside tonight. My 2 boys named her cinnamon. let's pray she isn't too big. [​IMG]

Big.....really,really big.Both of those breeds are big. Great guardian ,hopefully!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by