how big is your pond and .....?

mamanaturale

Songster
10 Years
Apr 13, 2009
spokane, wa
so, how big is your pond? and how many ducks/geese do you have? my eggs aren't even out of the incubator and i am already planning my next batch! hubby got a pond liner off craigslist thats 7'x7' . sooooo how many would be happy in it? i am totally open to getting another pond.
wink.png
i REALLY want two sebastopols too..... oh and ftr, my ducks in the bator are australian spotteds and i am looking at getting runners and calls too.
big_smile.png

thanks!
brianna

I am using plastic pan I got from Home Depot to mix concrete. I tried the kiddie pool but it seemed to deep. Anyway they could not get in it. I have 11 today but next week I will have 7 cause 4 are going to freezer camp
sad.png

It's not the size of the pool that matters, they all don't need to get in there at once. They really need just enough water to dip their bodies in to keep their feathers in condition. The extra space is nice for them to have for fun, for company in their baths, for mating.

The main issue is being able to drain it out to hose off & then refill.
More waterfowl + less pool space = more frequent cleansing.
Waterfowl = water foul

I have 2 Embden geese & 5 Khaki Campbell ducks that share a big plastic pool, about 4' X 6'. I siphon the water out every 2-3 days, let the water drain out in the surrounding garden beds. When the ducklings grow up & start using that pool I'll have to drain it every 1-2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom