How 'bout Sac area? Say from Stockton to Gold country or there abouts

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Icarus Crows, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Icarus Crows

Icarus Crows Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2008
    Just got back into chickens in spring 07 after several- quite a few- O.K. many years. Not since High School. A friend dropped of 2 monster mutt roosters, Loki and Thor. I now have 9 R.R. laying hens, afew of their laying offspring- a pair of very cool Muscovy that are now 9- 2 red turkeys - 8 B.B.O.E. game bantams- a pair that is now 7 very fine looking silkies and all because the because the Rio Linda feed store had to have a chick room- 8 drk. cornish- 9 grn eggers- s.l. wyandott's and some others but I'm tired of pecking onthis key board ! Would be ausome to know some serious breeders in the area.

2. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

We used to live outside of Placerville. We still have family in Camino.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I'm quite a bit West of you, but if you think you'll have hatching Muscovy eggs or even ducklings in a few months, we'd love to know! [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!

[​IMG]

4. Icarus Crows

Nov 12, 2008
    Hey Rob,
    I'd be happy to. This years baby's are already grown, so I wont be surprised if I don't end up with quite a few.
    Ken

5. Icarus Crows

Nov 12, 2008
    Oh yea,
    Thanks for the welcome- sufficient self looks awesome!

6. Icarus Crows

Nov 12, 2008
    Hi Ole-Crone,
    Thanks for the hello. Sad we lost a chicken loving village herbalist.
    Every time it happens the balance is tipped further in favor of us village idiots!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by