How can a Polish actually see?

noodleroo

Snuggles with Chickens
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Rockport, Tx
I'm really interested in them but my goodness, you can't even see their eyes! It must be a problem as far as predators go; how do they see where they are going?

LOL I have three little ones 12 to 9 weeks old. I wonder that every time I look at them. Some times they seem to get a little lost and then they start chirping this sad little sound until they find their friends again. They sure are cute though!

Physic abilities, Silkies have them to.
cool.png

I always set my beard trimmer on high and remove lots of the fuzz around the silkies eyes until we can actually see the eyes plainly. We know it's working when they can see to get the mealworms off the ground.

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
Yes they can see,

The hens are probably more vunerable to bredators than roosters though. Hens have larger crest feathers,

The see just fine, I let mine free range as often as I can, but with supervision or I put them in large Runs. I do this with all my breeds, even my Rhode Island Red.
All chickens are prey to bigger animals,
Don't want any hawks or dogs to come scoop them away.
ep.gif

THEIR EYE'S ARE IN THERE SOME WHERE UNDER ALL THIS PUFF
ep.gif
lau.gif

12005_white_crest_blue_cockerel.jpg

12005_2010-05-10_145245.jpg

Josh44; Such pretty pics! I would only consider having a few here at the house where its pretty safe. My collie is out with them part of the day and we have a privacy fence. I would really only worry about a hawk and my little roo is a pretty good watch roo. Is there anything else that I should consider if I get a couple of Polish?

Back
Top Bottom