How can anything be right....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by FrizzleFreak, May 16, 2009.

1. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

In a world where an eleven year old girl is called a darn fudgy witch (you get what i mean) because she's Mormon!!!! She doesn't even care anymore-BECAUSE IT HAPPENS SO OFTEN!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I have a lot of Mormon friends, and friends of many religions. It drives me nutso to hear such things, especially directed at children. Sorry, needed to rant.

2. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Seriously, I hate the world that I brought my son into. Land of the free my butt. Too many closed minded people, especially when it comes to religion.

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG].............. narrow minded bigots always make my blood boil....when oh when will all people realise that everyone has the right to choose their own faith irrespective of what it is..... we are all human, we should have freedom of choice..... and we all bleed the same colour when cut...................

4. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote:Please speak for yourself. I bleed neon green [​IMG]

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Please speak for yourself. I bleed neon green [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    That is really crummy for your daughter and family. Kids repeat what they hear at home, shame on their parents.

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's ridiculous! Most religions teach tolerance and yet I see so little of it from those who follow all different walks of faith! I never will understand people...

8. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    I am a Methodist who married a Jewish man and my daughters had the choice of what religion to follow. They went to an Episcopal school. I wanted them to be Christian because I was, but have no objection them making their own choice. It has been horrible for them because some of their "Christian" friends have told them that they are going to hell. This is from their so called BEST friends! They were devastated. They have really been turned off to Christianity by the holier than thou attitudes that they have encountered. This makes me so sad because that is not the Jesus that I know. And though I try to tell them that... their experiences tell them that on earth it is a little different.

I can't tell you the fear that I have that they will be picked on or hurt because of their Jewish roots. When I was still married to my X, I encountered prejudice. It is a very frightening thing.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  9. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

P.S. Not my daughter! [​IMG] And it is usually kids, but sometimes adults! And always men....
    I'm sorry Hoof and Hen. I feel very lucky to have many religious friends, and I am not religious, and none of them have ever told me that. Nobody has, and I'm grateful for that. I think, however, some of them are sad when they think of me, because I am their friend and they do believe that I will go to a bad place when I die. But they don't try to convert me.
    There are people in my community that call themselves Nazis. Need I say more?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by