1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How can I add a sticky?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by BobwhiteQuailLover, Nov 14, 2010.

1. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    The title pretty much answers it!! [​IMG]

2. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    You'll have to ask a mod to do it. Just report the post and let them know why you think it should be stickied.

3. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Ok!!! Thanks!

4. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

What IS a sticky, anyway?

I mean, I know what they are in the real world (looking at my bright pink pad of stickies on my desk now LOL). But in the forums... what does it mean to put a "sticky" on a thread? How does one use the "sticky" once it is there?

I don't mean to sound stupid... just have never heard those terms before. [​IMG]

5. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    Quote:A sticky is just something that a mod can do to a thread that makes it always be at the top of the list of threads. For example, in the "Raising baby chicks" form there is one sticky thread, "Raising Baby Chicks - Notable Topic Index - Please Review". It will always be at the top, no matter how many new threads are posted. Make sense?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by