1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How can I figure out which chicken is laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by snaglehook, Jan 22, 2015.

1. snaglehook

snaglehook Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2014
    Destrehan,La.
    I have 2 blk. Austrolops and have 13 eggs in 9 days. They or one started laying on the 13th. Also only using one nesting box ? Does this show that the same one is doing laying?

2. BonRae67

BonRae67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2014
    Florida
    They both are using the same box. Both are laying if you got 13 eggs in 9 days. Not both are laying everyday or you would have 18 eggs in 9 days.

3. snaglehook

snaglehook Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2014
    Destrehan,La.
    Thanks, so should this be the approximate # of eggs I should expect. Understand weather and other factors play a role in this. Funny but I get mor Facebook hits on my chicken posts than I do on my children posts! Folks love some chickens
    Thanks again for input.

4. BonRae67

BonRae67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2014
    Florida
    When they both get laying consistently you will get 2 eggs a day. Maybe not everyday but most of the time. That is funny about FB I post more chicken pics that kid pics on anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by