How can I get my chicken to stay in the new coop???

Chicken Charlotte

Out of the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
QLD
Hello I bought a new chicken and I have another chicken that I want it to be with!
But when the older chicken gets let out I come to lock her up and shes down at the other coop with the other hens!!!
I dont want to put her away every night by hand and I have been trying for days!!!

she will need to be locked up. Maybe try keeping them inside together for a couple of days.

If that doesn't work - use a temporary fence. If there is another flock around though - the temptation may be too much. They want to run with the crowd.

I agree you will have to lock her up for a few days. If it doesnt work lock them up again. How did you finally convince your dad to let you get chickens?

Quote:
Well I already had 6 and he said that was enough but NOT FOR ME!!!! Then one got egg bound so I got upset so I got another one but 2 incase of hen pecking so then I had 7!
One went broody and I convinced Both of them to let her hatch four I have never had a broody before. So she hatched the lot they all hatched it was a lucky thing I guess. So then I had 11 but a mongrel dog up the road came and to 1 of them they are light susex and he was 3 months and he was my Favorite because when he was young he got his neck caught in the door he was not breathing I was crying and then we started to pray and the next thing a little chicks head pops up not broken or anything! So I was the only one home right and I saw him with charlie in his mouth running down to the forest I got tommy and Molly my dogs and ran down there crying as quick as I could and my poodles great sniffer dogs found him twitching the dog did not eat him but broke his neck I grabbed him crying saying charlie charlie wake up you will be alright dont worry and I sat down with his neck over my shoulder to give him some support and im not yet a adult so it was horrifying for me as for anyone I guess?

Then the dog came and took another two which left speckles we went round to the peoples place and they said they would give us 3 more chooks and we agreed and then when I rang up a man answered and said he was not paying us back or anything and got angry at me and said he did not care less!!!!!!

So speckles was left lonely to get hen pecked BUT WOULD I LET THAT HAPPEN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 months later after looking around and doing up an old pen I bought a 3 month old chicken for her to be friends with my excuse was it was for her but it really was though! So I bought a pure bred astralorp for $20.00 cheap hey

Well there you have my story and I was left with 9 chickens that I adore!

Quote:
Its the other way round the lone one wont stay in there with her.
So I want her to the new ones fine read my story on what happend

Back
Top Bottom