how can i get my zebra finches 2 breed ?

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Daniel_2kaii9, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Daniel_2kaii9

Daniel_2kaii9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    hey, how can i get my zebra finches 2 breed there in a flight with 2 nest boxes how can i get them 2 breed do u know ?
    thanks [​IMG]

2. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    If they are a pair, give them a little time and you'll have babies.

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Are you sure it's a boy and a girl pair? Post pics if you want to get help to know for sure. They will breed when they are ready if they have nest boxes, nesting material and good qulality food. Make sure they have cuttlebone to chew, and you can try offering them some bits of boiled egg to improve their body condition for breeding, as well as fresh greens.

4. Daniel_2kaii9

Daniel_2kaii9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    yeah theres 2 boys and 3 girls thay eat budgie seed thay have had 1 egg but thay layed it in there food dish lol i give them hay 2 make nests and i give them lettuce sometimes

5. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Iceburg lettuce has no nutritional value ( good laxative tho)
    try dark leafy greens and veggies, chopped rather small. Thy like meal worms, too, but you'll need to cut the heads off before offering. (I was told the heads were to hard to swallow). Hard boiled egg ground up with the shell is an excellent treat. They need appropriate lighting as well. and privacy.
    Best wishes!

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
  7. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I didn't have to do anything. Mine breed like rats.
    I went from two to twelve seemingly overnight. I finally got smart and separated the sexes.
    Gave away several, a few died, now I only have 5, 3 male and 2 female.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by