How Can I Show Judge My Chicken's Head the Non-Traditional Way (help plz)

Floof chickens

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2020
I am in 4H and will be showing my speckled Sussex in a few days. She does wonderfully when I handle her, except for when I get around to showing her head. Usually, when I show a chicken's head, I bring the chicken around me so that they're just above my shoulder, that way I can efficiently show the head to the judge. That's the way most people do it, right? Well, none of my birds have a problem with being handled like that except for my speckled Sussex. My club advisor showed me another way to show a chicken's head a few years back, but I forget how. Does anyone know another way I can show my chicken's head? Any suggestion is appreciated.

I am in 4H and will be showing my speckled Sussex in a few days. She does wonderfully when I handle her, except for when I get around to showing her head. Usually, when I show a chicken's head, I bring the chicken around me so that they're just above my shoulder, that way I can efficiently show the head to the judge. That's the way most people do it, right? Well, none of my birds have a problem with being handled like that except for my speckled Sussex. My club advisor showed me another way to show a chicken's head a few years back, but I forget how. Does anyone know another way I can show my chicken's head? Any suggestion is appreciated.
I didn't know you were supposed to do this she doesn't let you lift her up in front of you

Back
Top Bottom